1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help! Interview in KS2 after 10 year absence...

Discussion in 'Primary' started by lilypie, May 19, 2019.

1. lilypie

lilypie New commenter

Hi

Please can anybody help me.... I've got an interview this week teaching a Yr 3 group. I'm not necessarily after lesson ideas as really I need to pull that one out of the bag and prove I've still got it... however, a lot has changed since I was last in a primary classroom! I'm not confident with a smartboard so not even going to try it. Am thinking maybe a practical maths game to keep their interest hopefully. I don't know what to do about a written plan, what sort of detail and headings are used nowadays? Does anybody have a simple lesson plan they would be happy to share? Really grateful for any tips or info! Thank you.

2. eliot371

eliot371 New commenter

Hi, I'm in UKS2, but in an observation my head would want to see challenge, tasks that chn can choose level they wish, questions which encourage thinking and extn tasks that build on understanding.
    Plan doesn't need to be too detailed, just to show how you're differentiating, directing other adults, etc.
    Good luck!

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  3. catbefriender

catbefriender Lead commenter

Good luck in getting an interview after being on the other side for 10 years .Go in there and knock 'em dead!

:):):):):):)

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  4. nical73

nical73 Occasional commenter

Fluency, reasoning and challenge