1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

help! interview for nursery job!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by sarav, Oct 13, 2011.

1. I have got an interview for a nursery teacher job next week, I have to do a 10 min stimulating story session with 6 children, my brain has gone blank on a story i could use!! Any ideas gratefully received! x

2. GemsEYFS

GemsEYFS New commenter

I teach nursery and my FAVOURITE story and the childrens FAVOURITE story is we're going on a bear hunt. I read the story with big, very over exagerated actions and the children love to join in with the repetative phrases and copy the actions. You could draw a story board as you go.... Good luck!

3. We're Going on a Bear Hunt is lovely, but it is done a lot! Maybe something a bit more unusual? My classes have always loved Little Rabbit Foo Foo.

4. I do love we're going on a bear hunt but didn't want to be the 4th person to do it that day! Was thinking Peace at Last, with objects for the noises?

5. marymoocow

marymoocow Star commenter

I love Peace at last. My son joined in with this word for word at 2

6. GemsEYFS

GemsEYFS New commenter

I did peace at last for an obseravtion lesson a few weeks ago. We identifyed objects/instruments that would make specific noises, and then as i read the story the childrne played their instruments at the correct point. It was lovely! And very interective. As we read story first, then investigated sounds and matched up and then reread the story. I got excellent feedback from my obs with this