1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help! I'm a new ICT subject coordinator!

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by Teacher451, Feb 28, 2011.

1. I was wondering if anybody could help me. I'm a recently qualified teacher, and have just taken on my first subject leader role. I'm re-doing the action plan and as part of it was looking at the medium term planning across the school. I was working from the QCA units as that's what was on the school's last action plan, however so much of it seems to be simply irrelevant and outdated, for example one Year 2 unit focuses simply on searching through CD ROMs! So...what does your school do? How do you know you're doing the right things, ie what Ofsted would look for? The latest piece of information from the government I could find was in 2003. Is there anything more recent that i've just not found yet? I'm hoping somebody who is more experienced in the role than me could help me out, I want to be a good subject leader but feel a little like my hands are tied at the moment!

Many thanks :)

Voxy09

2. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

There's been a thread on here for New Primary Coordinators. Worth searching for that as, I gather, there's a lot of info and links from it.
    HTH

3. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

4. Will have a look,

Thank you!

5. I've had a look at this, and will ask for a copy of the toolkit! The only thing i'd say it was written in 2009, is there anything more up to date out there? Thank you for your reply :)

6. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

try this thread
    https://community.tes.co.uk/forums/t/348552.aspx?PageIndex=1
    I'm still sending the toolkit out, much of the material is as up to date as it needs to be or requires only small adjustment if you decide to use it, the NC remains unchanged, assessment requirements, basic policies etc The advice document 'So you are the new ICT Coordinator' is a useful read.