1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help! Ideas for leaving present?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by ajacobs, May 1, 2012.

1. Hi,
    I currently work at a small primary school, where I have worked for the last 11 years. I am leaving in 2 1/2 weeks and need some help with ideas for a leaving present for me to buy for the staff. My class are easy to buy for in comparision! Past people who have left have bought things like a CD Player for the staffroom or new tea, coffee, sugar pots. I haven't got any clues? I did think about buying resources for the PPA room that still looks like a cupboard (that was its originally intention), but this would exclude the TAs and can't imagine anyone getting excited over stationery stuff. I don't want to spend a fortune, I think no more than £30 is enough?!
    Thanking you in advance.

2. Hi,
    I currently work at a small primary school, where I have worked for the last 11 years. I am leaving in 2 1/2 weeks and need some help with ideas for a leaving present for me to buy for the staff. My class are easy to buy for in comparision! Past people who have left have bought things like a CD Player for the staffroom or new tea, coffee, sugar pots. I haven't got any clues? I did think about buying resources for the PPA room that still looks like a cupboard (that was its originally intention), but this would exclude the TAs and can't imagine anyone getting excited over stationery stuff. I don't want to spend a fortune, I think no more than £30 is enough?!
    Thanking you in advance.

3. seekingstars

seekingstars New commenter

Hi Is there anything that would be valued to improve the outdoor environment...a tree? do you have any specific responsibilities...perhaps something that supports this! Sorry not very inspiring.

4. A bush or two would be good - outdoors - maybe even something that flowers round this time - magnolia/cherry?

5. tressie

tressie New commenter

One of our parents bought a present for the staff at Christmas which was very well received: posh handwash and hand lotion for the ladies' cloakroom. It was Molton Brown and everyone loved it and got to use it. (May not go down so well if you have male staff though!)
    It depends whether you want to buy something which will last. Maybe a cake plate/stand for the staffroom if you often have cakes or biscuits in the staffroom?
    Whatever you buy I'm sure they will appreciate it. Good luck!

6. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

I'm not a fan of moisturisers/handwash, so whenever I get one (or three!) for Christmas or end-of-year, I always "donate" it to the ladies' toilets and it is always very gratefully received! Of course, I don't tell the child that gave it to me, but at least lots of people are getting good use out of it!
    I will probably give the legacy of a tidy curriculum cupboard when I leave... Never before has it looked so tidy as it has this year since I've been in charge!
    Oh, and I'll bring in a load of cakes, too.