1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

HELP I TEACH YEAR 1 AND I'VE LOST MY 100 LITERACY FRAMEWORK LESSONS CD ROM!!!!!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by sarahckelly, May 20, 2011.

1. sarahckelly

sarahckelly New commenter

I've lost my CD rom and haved planned to do some work on John Foster's Taste poem next week. I would find another poem instead but I am working in a four form entry school and have two very tricky collegues. They would make my life a misery if I were to change the plans now, so I need the words to the poem if anyone has them. I have tried searching the net, but haven't managed to find anything. I would go and buy a new copy of the book but I am teaching in Ghana and it's not that easy. If any one has the CD ROM I would appreciate any of the resources in the poetry section, as well as the poem itself. Thank you so much!

2. Joi

Joi New commenter

Is it the one on this page?
    http://www.shenstonelodge.ik.org/p_Class_1_-_Tudors_-_Autumn_2010.ikml

3. I can't help, but how horrendous having to teach somewhere that you are not allowed to adapt your planning to suit the situation/the children.

4. sarahckelly

It was! Thanks so much. I am hoping the CD Rom will turn up before we move on to the seaside poems. I can now relax this weekend. You're a star

5. sarahckelly

The kids are lovely and incredibly talented! The teachers i work with are just not able to adapt to change. I think I've been a bit of a force of nature since joining the school. They come from the why do something practical when a worksheet would do school! I'm chipping away at them and have the backing of my boss. I enjoy my job but it can get irritating. They pick on any small flaw because I think they are slightly threatened by me. Oh well!

6. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

What really concerns me is that you are so negative about your colleagues' way of working, yet cannot manage yourself without the dull and boring 100 Framework lessons. I'd be very resistant to changing to using that scheme as well.

7. Freeze!

Freeze! New commenter

Glad you found what you needed!
    Well done for trying to change the 'worksheet' mentality in a difficult school rather than just looking for another job! It's always good to chip away and make small changes! You never know, next year you might be able to ditch the dreaded scheme of work altogether if you win them over :)

8. sarahckelly

I just wanted the poems, I don't religiously follow the 100 framework lessons. If I did I would have stored my cd rom somewhere more carefully!