1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help - I need motivating

Discussion in 'Primary' started by way2serious, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Hi everyone I am new to TES.
    I am struggling to get motivated and get some of the work done I need to do ready for next week. I am supposed to be leading an hour on the Teacher Day to improve classroom practise but can not get myself going!!
  2. Tell me about it. I got on the laptop over an hour ago to try and get some planning done and all I have done so far is browse TES. For the record, joining TES was your biggest mistake if you actually plan on working - it makes procrastinating so easy! [​IMG]
  3. Oh, I am so glad that I am not the only one!
    I have been at the computer for about an hour and a half, I have however made a list of what I would like to do! But obviously need to finish seeing whats new on here!

Happy New Year to you all - good luck with the planning!
  4. You make me feel lots better - at least I am not the only procrastinator!!
    I seem to have spent hours browsing on TES already. I have posted on a few of the communities but it won't show my posts on Personal because they have to be vetted or something. How long does that take / go on for?
  5. Haven't known comments to be vetted on Personal before. However, there has been a lot of trouble with trolls making nasty personal comments about people so possibly they will be vetted for a couple of days until they know you mean no harm. I can't imagine it lasting very long.
  6. FenellaF

FenellaF New commenter

My motto? Why do today what you can out off til tomorrow. A) because I'm a lazy cow and B) it annoys the hell out of my husband. I was the one working til 2am on the day the essay was due in, the one who sprays polish onto hot radiators 5 mins before hubby comes home so the room smells like I have been polishing and tidying all day. Don't worry about being motivated. It'll come naturally. You're jusrt not in the mood. Go and watch a bit of TV, have a cuppa and come back to it later.
  7. Posts on personal have been in the process of being moderated for quite some time now. It will be more than just a few days before you can post 'freely' on there.