1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

HELP!!!!! I am struggling with reception planning!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by andalucia, Apr 11, 2011.

1. The planning formats I use I got from here:
    http://eyfs.durhamlea.org.uk/observationplanningassessmnet/14799
    it has got some helpful tips on how to ue them. I do a weekly Maths and a weekly Literacy plan usually linked in with other curricular areas in addition to a weekly phonics plan. they are very simple with broard objectives at the top and activities for each day together with who will do which activity ( based on interests and or abilities). More often than not i fill most of it in on a daily basis. I also do separate focus activity plans if I wantTA to do an activity - just so I can put more detail in.
    I do sometimes wonder why I do them though!

2. Thank you, I have had a look at these. I probably should have also put that I am in reception, so although I cant use all of them I can definately adapt these! Thanks!
    I just dont want to spend more time planning it than i actually spend teaching it, which I am finding with this. Would you differentiate literacy and numeracy activities for all abilities and would you use the profile for goals or the PNS goals?