1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help! How do you boost your student's vocabulary in Spanish?

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by Cucabolanos, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Cucabolanos

Cucabolanos New commenter

Hello everyone,

I am coming to the en of my Masters in Applied Linguistics and will soon carry out a study for my final dissertation. The focus will be on "vocabulary acquisition", and would like to have your opinion on the following questions. I am only starting so the questions are quite open, but I hope to be able to narrow down the field of study with your contributions. Thank you in advance, and I hope this also serves as a debate point!

1- Do you feel the way Spanish is taught and tested at Secondary schools is up to date? Please explain

2- What do you normally focus on more: grammar or vocabulary? Is this by choice or because you feel you need to? What do you think is more important?

3- What is your student's vocabulary like, and their ability to learn new words?

4- How do you think you could help your students remember words in the long term?

5- Do you ever play games in your classes? How do your students react to them? Can you explain some of your favourite ones?

6- Any other comments on how to improve vocabulary learning, especially at GCSE level?

Thank you!!! Please feel free to answer only a few of the questions if you don't have time, every little helps!!

Cuca