1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help! Hirewire application and vanishing paragraphs!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Ellie_MFL, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Hi all,
    I am currently applying for a job on the Hirewire service, which requires you to write your personal statement in a box on the form. There is no way to upload or attach a covering letter.
    I have written all my stuff and finished the form, but when I preview the application the personal statement appears as one huge text block. I am worried that the school will also receive it formatted like this and will not bother to read it all - it looks awful!
    Does anyone know a way around this please? Or am I the only one to have this issue?
    Any help would be very gratefully received, I need to submit the form by tomorrow morning!
    Thanks!
    Ellie

2. Hi all,
    I am currently applying for a job on the Hirewire service, which requires you to write your personal statement in a box on the form. There is no way to upload or attach a covering letter.
    I have written all my stuff and finished the form, but when I preview the application the personal statement appears as one huge text block. I am worried that the school will also receive it formatted like this and will not bother to read it all - it looks awful!
    Does anyone know a way around this please? Or am I the only one to have this issue?
    Any help would be very gratefully received, I need to submit the form by tomorrow morning!
    Thanks!
    Ellie

3. Is it in html?
    Try this: Type
    everywhere you want a line break - it may work. double it if necessary

4. Thanks for the suggestion.
    In the end, I phoned up the hirewire helpline because I couldn't make it work!
    The solution, for anyone else who has the issue, is that although you see the text as a solid lump when you preview, the employer will receive it with the formatting that you used when you typed it.
    Phew!