1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

HELP HELP HELP

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by littlemissraw, Apr 5, 2011.

1. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Do you ever have student teachers in? Why not try one of their universities? Courses will be winding up soon (the one I teach on finishes this week, although its not D&T, sorry) and it could mean they're more willing/able to help you out than another school who may also be under pressure to get students completing in time? x

2. I'll get back to you pedro, the cutter doesn't really 'belong' to me....... it 'belongs' to one of our Assistant Heads.
    How much time are we talking about?

3. bigpedro

bigpedro New commenter

Good plan, i'll look at that.

Thanks Polly, nice trip to beautifulish north wales [​IMG] probably need an hour or two (depends how quick your cutter is on acrylic)

4. bigpedro

bigpedro New commenter

hoping it wont come to that, i've gone "old school" with tools and things today and forgot how quick it actually is, (as long as youre not bothered about the finish) but i suppose Portsmouth is a nice drive from Lancashire. lol

5. Im also North wales and have a laser machine in my workshop at home so im not restricted to school times if you need

6. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

(green eyed monster) [​IMG]

7. Simon67

Simon67 New commenter

tools and things..!! I remember them too...

Appreciate that Lancs to pompey might be a long day out... but i could provide biscuits for the return trip...!
    I'd also love a laser in my garage. Maybe that's a path out of teaching...

8. Ok pedro you're on.
    Can you come in early in the Easter holiday? Monday and Wednesday are my best days.
    Our laser cutter is a 14W version but cutrs up to 6mm arylic well. Need files on 2D design V2. These would need emailing to me or putting on some suitable ftp site.

9. bigpedro

bigpedro New commenter

unbefrickinleavable!! next you'll be telling me you live next door to my mum in Prestatyn or my inlaws in Bangor lol (which would be awesome)
    The broken laser Is actually looking like it may be a blessing in desguise because i've never seen kids work so hard (well the 50% that give a 5hit) theres apparently a guy coming in to take a look early on next week so maybe that'll sort it.
    Polly, i think i've still got your email address so i might be in touch if it can't be sorted.

I shall keep you all posted....

10. Not Quite, but im only in Denbigh.

11. If you are still interested my department has one, we are in the M34 postcode area and you would need to supply your own materials. We are not on Easter hols until the 15th April so anytime before that is fine (but not the 15th as the laser is being serviced then)