1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help GTTR says unsuccessful despite being offered an interview

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by robynsmith, Feb 28, 2011.

1. I have no idea. Ring gttr and the uni tomorrow first thing. Fingers crossed its a mistake but you need to get this sorted. gttr could be updated wrongly, or the course could have overfilled since and they were wrong to offer you an interview. i hope its the first 1, good luck x

2. Hi,

I have had the exact same thing happen to me today. I was offered an interview from BCU over 4 weeks ago for March but today my application status has changed to unsuccessful! This seems to have happened to a lot of people so let's hope it's just a system glitch.

I hope everything works out.

3. The exact same thing has happened to me with GTTR and interview etc. I'm literally praying it's a glitch, as they have sent me an interview pack and a date, so I will be really upset if they just reject me now. I've already been up half the night worrying/wondering what to do, so I will def be on the phone first thing.
    Good luck in your exam and fingers crossed this will all be a horrible mistake!

4. Yep, same thing and have been desperately trying to ring Durham. Thank goodness for this forum! It does seem most likely that it's just GTTR making a mistake and giving lots of people heart failure....

5. sheffield_lad

sheffield_lad New commenter

Just sorted mine, rang keele and, along with sayiing gttr was utterly
    incompetent lol, they said it was nothing to worry about and that I
    should still attend interview. If I were to be successful, Keele would
    then ask gttr to reverse the application back to themselves, obviously
    at the expense of withdrawing from my second choice but as I'd have an
    offer from my first, not a problem. Phoned gttr and they basically said
    if I were t be unsuccessful, it wouldn't preclude any offer being made
    elsewhere, effectively meaning that my second choice have received my
    application earlier. In a weird way, I've been given a safety net if
    Keele don't offer me a place!

6. Same thing has happened to me (Swansea met primary interview 6th april) I rang Swansea and they said they will call me when they know what's happening. I was hoping they would just say it was a mistake so feel very nervous now...

7. I called Bath and they said it was an error with the GTTR (typical) and that I still have an interview. I hope it's good news for everyone else in the same boat, I'm sure it will be.

8. Hey same thing has happened to me ( Swansea met pgce primary) called them this morning and the lady who deals with the applications is not in until tomorrow... My interview is on the 6th April also and I've sent my confirmation slip back etc so hopefully we will be ok..

9. I too received an unsuccessful offer yesterday even though I still have the interview in March. I was freaking out last night... didn't sleep a wink! I rang up the secretary of my course provider and she reassured me that even though it says unsuccessful that if i was successful in the interview that it would be changed. See
    robertsoneuanpost. Very reassuring rob thanks :)

10. You are all having these problems, because you where not given a STOP on your application.
    Gttr state that 28th feb is the final state for providers to make decisions on applications that have been recieved before 31st Jan 2011. Therefore, if your service provider has no put a STOP on applications, the gttr will automatically put that you have been unsuccessful and send your application to your next choice.

I would suggest, as others have been saying, that you ring your institution, and ask them what is going on, and whether you are still being considered, and whether or not your interviews are going to take place.

I suspect it is just a simple error, and your institutions have not contacted gttr.

Heres the link that someone was looking for: gttr.ac.uk/students/importantdates

Hope this helps.

11. lucie19

lucie19 New commenter

Hi All Just got back from my exam it went OK I think :~
    Spoken to Bath and they have said yes I still have an interview although it might only be for a waiting list place :( They want me to ring the GTTR and ask them to send the application back to them however its gone on to Exeter now. I'm worried about 2 things 1. If I get the GTTR to send my application back to Bath and I dont even get in after 9 weeks of waiting I am left with nothing, I cant relocate due to family issues. 2. ISurely if my application is withdrawn from Exeter and sent back to Bath this disqualifies me from re sending it to Exeter(thats if they're not full by then) and even if it doesn't it isnt going to look good that my application was withdrawn and then resubmitted.
    This is all so unfair I've worked so hard to get to this point and I'm facing yet another year of waiting.:'(
    Any suggestions I am at a loss now

12. lucie19

lucie19 New commenter

Have just called the GTTR they have said yes it would withdraw me from Exeter and I would not be able to reapply sat here in floods now just dont know what to do. I just cant wait another year I've done so much work for this. It's all I want to do.

13. Cant you leave the application with exeter and go to your interview at Bath. If you get in at Bath then you can get the apllication back from exeter. if you dont get in then Exeter will already have been looking at it in advance.
    Just a thought that if exeter has places then you might get an interview for a place, not the waiting list???

14. I too received this email and I am supposed to have an interview at BCU on thursday, i didn't sleep a wink last night.
    I called them up and they told me to still come to the interview and they will try and find out what is going on.

But then about half an hour ago i receive another email from GTTR saying:

Your application has been moved on today to your next choice as your GTTR provider failed to make a decision against your application before the deadline.

You are receiving this email as we have been contacted by your previous GTTR provider indicating that they would like more time to consider your application.

If you wish to allow them further time to consider you then please contact GTTR by responding directly to this email within 48 hours, indicating that you are happy to be reconsidered. To do this we will have to withdraw you from your current choice and re-refer your application to the previous provider. This will allow them a further 28 days to consider your application. Please be aware that if you decide to take this option, vacancies with your other choice providers may become full.

So I have no idea what to do, I have booked a hotel room and train ticket for tomorrow now and it may be too late to cancel to get my money back. I know that is the least of my worries but I really wish I knew what is going on.

Did anyone else get this message?

15. I am a bag of nerves, having the interview not having the interview......... can't keep up. Called BCU just now and they told me to still come along. I can't keep up talk about stressing me out. I think I have forgotten everything I have learnt.
    Hope everyone else is sorted out now

16. lucie19

lucie19 New commenter

Quick update: After ringing my alumni careers service and actually crying down the phone to the poor lady, I rang Bath back.
    They have said not to pull my application from Exeter but to let it carry on and they'll carry on as if they still have it. The lady was lovely and I actually managed to stop crying for 5 mins to have a coherent conversation ;)

However this morning I have had an email to say they filled all their places yesterday but would I like to be interviewed for the waiting list. They will tell the GTTR I have been rejected and then let me know if someone drops out. I have said yes I think there are going to be a lot of people who suddenly discover they cant afford it this year. Not me though I have worked too hard to let a little thing like food and rent get in the way of this now. :)

Thank goodness I didn't pull my application yesterday!

I hope you are all sorted now keep posting and let us know how things are going.

Thank you for all the support x

17. Hi everyone,
    Just had a very similar thing this morning. I was made an offer by my uni, and received all the paperwork in the post yesterday. I logged onto gttr, and it said I have been unsuccessful.
    More confused than anything, I called gttr to find out what was going on. It is just an automatic thing that happens if a uni doesn't respond to your application within a set time. It is easily remedied, the uni just needs to update the gttr and they can change the status.
    I have definitely lost all faith in the gttr over the past couple of months, it didn't get updated when I was offered an interview, and now this. If I were you, I would just go along with what your university says and ignore the gttr completely!

18. Lucie ( lovely spelling by the way) glad you rang bath. Really good of them to put you on the waiting list and you still be able to apply to Exeter. Best of luck with both!