1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

help-greviance still not settled after 4 months

Discussion in 'Governors' started by What-next, Nov 28, 2015.

1. What-next

What-next New commenter

hi all
    as you can see, the time is now 1:52 am - I cannot sleep at nights as I am constantly thinking of how my career is going down the drain.

currently a deputy head in a LA school with one year plus service. joined this school with continuous service from another LA school. took out a greviance against headteacher due to workload and unprofessional behaviour and unfair treatment. had been off sick for x3 months but went back to work as being home was making me more worried about the work problem !!! ironic but true. matters are still being investigated. chair if governors not engaging with union-

union states that new legislation states that I have reducedrights since I am new to this local authority with just over a years length of service. shocking, I think since I have continuos service from previous local authority school. hence can't go to tribunal or claim unfair or constructive dismissal etc

without giving details too much-now back at work andheadteacher has been blanking me - no pleasantries. phased return so teaching in class as opposed to my normal role.
    shocked at how many people are aware that I took outgreviance against the head...they have come up and told me they know what is happening! feel no longer any trust there. I want to leave but not sure where to turn!

asked union to discuss exit /settlement agreement as I am nowdesperate to leave but I am outside my resignation date. HR pointed our request to chair of gov but as they are not engaging where do we go next?

this is now getting to my mind and I am not coping I want toleave but u ion advises that just resigning leaves me vulnerable to the head giving poor reference when i move on.
    can anyone advise? feel union not very sharp afterAll.

disgruntled!!! followed policies but have been failed by it!!! should have taken 10 days with a maximum of 20 but nowmonths!!!! help

2. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

I am hoping @GLsghost can offer some better advice than myself… but I am sorry to hear that you are struggling with anxiety and hope you are taking care of yourself during this difficult and stressful time.