1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help for my special child

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by emilystrange, Oct 26, 2011.

1. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

have you been in contact with max clifford? make as much money as you can, send him to oxbridge and make sure you have enough laid by for his (baby) Gap year. when he hits puberty, buy earplugs, because he'll have mastered the psychology of adolescence by then, and won't be shy about sharing his thoughts. accompanied by electric guitar.

2. NellyFUF

NellyFUF Lead commenter

Wow you are the mother of Baby Brains!
    But you know what happened to him when he joined NASA don't you? So embarassing.

3. NellyFUF

NellyFUF Lead commenter

And don't go feeding him avacado pears !

4. Hettys

Hettys New commenter

Is it April Fools' Day??

5. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

No need, Nelly. He can already pick up our piano with one finger!

6. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

I think you are very irresponsible by sending him to nursery. He is just wasting his time there - playing, faffing about outside and generally behaving like a toddler.
    Surely with such an exceptional child it is your duty to give up work and home school him. Don't mix with other home schooling parents - far too many of them have wishy washy ideas about following children's interests. Instead devise a rigorous timetable and you should be able to get him through the rest of his GCSEs in a couple of years.

7. Hettys

Hettys New commenter

ok got it ....DOH!!

8. Early Years seem to be the only forum in which children who are intelligent are mocked. Tiddlywink's attitude is typical of many of you on here where those that need challenge in the FS are suspect.

9. inky

inky Lead commenter

Believe me, brainjim, tiddlywinks is the last person to mock intelligent children - or their parents.

10. NellyFUF

NellyFUF Lead commenter

We see quite enough of challenge in the early years thank you Brain Jim
    --- walks off with stinkey nappie in one rubber gloved hand whilst directing traffic with the other, small child attached to one leg and long piece of culed up masking tape stuck to shoe saying cheerfully "We're all friends here Sadie, so put Jason down. Uh oh, oh dear......"

11. mystery10

mystery10 Occasional commenter

OP your child sounds not dissimilar to Wolfgang, but Daddy Leopold did not have the benefit of this forum to type into for advice before taking Wolfy off on various lengthy tours round the courts of Europe.
    You do not have to take up your free nursery education at the age of three, I would advise you to apply to the Brit School for exceptionally early entry as this will provide a pathway to a far more lucrative career than that of a classical musician. Good luck.

PS. don't forget a grounding in synthetic phonics will be useful to your little genius whatever becomes of him, so maybe you could trot through the spelling alternatives for the 44 phonemes during a bar's rest one day.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

But he doesn't want to be a nursery teacher; he wants to be a brain surgeon!

13. mystery10

mystery10 Occasional commenter

Oh sorry I put his profile points in the wrong box and thought he was going to master the keyboard.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Would he need synthetic phonics to master the keyboard? He is already a completely fluent reader.

15. Just leave him with me in my class - he can join our other exceptional children
    We have a Poet laureate amongst ours
    and one whose sleep patterns are disrupted due to excess brain activity!

16. katycustard

katycustard Occasional commenter

I am so surprised he only got an A* in Maths, I would have thought he'd have got the new A**, maybe he was just having an off day - he can always do a resit before you get his certificate framed!