1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help for moving on child initiated idea

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by pinkpebble, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Hi quite a few of my children in child initiated learning have been interested in making hat, which led to wands. Our theme is Goldilocks and the three bears, but this is what they are interested in during CI. I have given them a range of materials to support their creative developmemt and joining techniques etc which has been great but wondered where you would take this next?

Thanks

2. Hi quite a few of my children in child initiated learning have been interested in making hat, which led to wands. Our theme is Goldilocks and the three bears, but this is what they are interested in during CI. I have given them a range of materials to support their creative developmemt and joining techniques etc which has been great but wondered where you would take this next?

Thanks

3. Fairy stories, fantasy role play, castles, magic, wishes, stars...

4. We had lots of hat making this week! We had a bunch of girls making "princess" hats and today it went onto "prince" and "king" hats when the boys got involved. They've been decorating them and role playing with them. From this they've shown an interest in castles and we've now been making castles in the construction area and recording them in plans and layouts. They love using the big paper and chunky felt tip pens!!

5. Thanks for the ideas