1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help for Germany trip to Cologne - any ideas/resources for a mini workbook?

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by athomewithaheadache, Nov 21, 2007.

1. In December we're doing the Christmas markets trip and my HoD wants me to sort out an activity booklet for "in between time". I have no idea what to put in and also three sets of reports to write and 5 weeks of term left!!! Any ideas/resources would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

2. In December we're doing the Christmas markets trip and my HoD wants me to sort out an activity booklet for "in between time". I have no idea what to put in and also three sets of reports to write and 5 weeks of term left!!! Any ideas/resources would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

3. Cestrian

Cestrian New commenter

We're going too, on 20th December. Haven't started to think about a booklet yet, but I've got one from a week trip to the Mosel a couple of years ago you could have a look at and cut & paste? If I get any ideas specifically for Cologne I could let you know - when are you going?

4. whapbapboogy

whapbapboogy New commenter

we're going on the 20th Nov!!!
    What about a sheet with things on it like, 'find and identify this object: Nussknacker / chestnuts (I don't know the German!)/those biscuit heart things etc.'- Christmassy vocab? List four different types of Gluehwein /German sausage you can buy' 'what is the best wooden toy you can find', 'how much is a portion of Pommes mit Mayo' 'what's the best stand- why? how is the weather on the day of your trip- choose from es schneit etc. 'can you give three typical German Christmas phrases' (you can look for them on decorations/stands etc.), 'what is the strangest thing you can buy from a stand'? 'Is there any food for veggies?' 'Draw a pic ofthe most interesting winter hat you see'. Might do it myself.

5. Cestrian

Cestrian New commenter

If you're going on 20th November, they've left without you! Either that or you've just got back!

6. whapbapboogy

****, what's going on! I thought my classes were empty this week.....

7. We do a trip every summer and have a couple of workbook pages about shopping in the pedestrian street that runs down from the cathedral square, foods that you can find in the Supermarket in the basement of the Galeria Kaufhof (they're quite used to us all trooping through each year) and a page about the cathedral. Let me have your e-mail address and I'll send them to you.

8. whapbapboogy

Dear Mskitt, could I please have a copy of your sheets?! Might be useful next year if they go with me. xxxxxx nickyallen7@hotmail.com

9. Thanks a lot everyone,there are some good ideas, hope you don't mind if I steal some! My e-mail address is kelly_hello@yahoo.com . I can send what I've done so far if anyone wants a copy?

10. Going on the 11th December

11. Cestrian

Cestrian New commenter

mskitt, could you let me have a copy of your cathedral & shopping worksheets? We were going to email Kaufhof to get one of their maps to use, so your worksheet would be really useful. Thanks
    blue_monkeys22 at hotmail dot co dot uk

12. Can anyone who has been on a christmas markets trip recommend a company to travel with? I would like to organise a trip this winter and would appreciate any recommendations. Thank you.

13. Don't know if this is useful, but I took a group to G last year and some of their tasks included, buy a stamp and stick it here, buy a hot drink and either take a picture (digital cameras) or have one of us see it, find 10 items in a supermarket you can't find in UK (like the cheesecake helper thing)what colour are the post boxes. Can't think of any more now, but will check our booklet when I find it!

14. Can I have a copy of the booklet as well? PLEASE? We are going to Cologne and Aachen in October. Thank you. My email: d_brzezina@yahoo.de

15. Hi
    We too are off to Köln soon. I know your posting is from a while ago, but I too would be mega grateful if you still have those resources,
    Thanks!
    my address is: chisholmjack@hotmail.com