1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help - floor target

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by leavinglondon, Jun 29, 2011.

1. I had posted this in the assessment forum but no response:

Can anyone tell me:
    1) what is the floor target for KS1 and KS2?
    2) When checking against the floor target, are the subjects combined in KS1 or is it in KS2?

No one at work seem to know what I am talking about. So any explanation would be hugely appreciated.

2. Last year floor target for primary y6 was around 65% Level 4+ combined I believe. Is this right? Maybe someone can confirm. Ks1 would like to know too.

3. Thanks so far for this transilvanian.I will assume it hasn't changed. KS1 anyone??

4. Hi leavinglondon
    My understanding is:
    - there's no 'floor target' for KS1
    - KS2 floor target is now 60% level 4 combined Eng & Maths (it was 55% last year 'til someone in an office at the DfE plucked the new one out of the ether!)

5. so what is the benchmark for assessing KS1 performance?

oooh kaaay! Where might I be able to find this information. I have been getting 'link broken' on googling 'floor target'.

6. Floor targets, there are 3 chances:
    1. 60% english and maths combined
    2. Over median nat. av in English for two levels progress from KS1 (circa 85% I believe)
    3. Over median nat. av. in Maths for two levels progress from KS1 (circa 84% I believe)
    Children achieving W at KS1 will be included if reaching L2 at KS2, teacher assessment accepted and included with SATs data in raise.

7. dusty67

dusty67 New commenter

The figures from our LA are that the medinas are
    English 87%
    Maths 86%

The medians are above the average (?)
    We've been told that to be classed as below floor, you have to be below 60% Lv 4 in E&M and below the medinas for progress

8. below 60% e&m combined, eg children gaining l4+ in both english and maths