1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help finding an article for 'Talk Task' Roehampton sept 2011

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by Rubyroo1982, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Hi,

Anyone due to start their PGCE Primary at Roehampton in Sept 2011? I'm trying to make a head start and get my reading done for the 'Talk Task' but for the life of me, I can't find one of the articles we need to read. I've followed the link provided to us, but the page doesn't exist. I've also spent hours searching the internet, but every time I think I've found it, it's always unable to load the page. Very frustrating!

The article is called "Re-conceptualizing "Scaffolding" and the Zone of Proximal Development in the Context of Symmetrical Collaborative Learning" Fernandez,M et al (2001). It's taken from "Journal of Classroom Interaction vol 36 no 2

It seems it's a widely used article but I just can't find it! Can anyone help!!

Many thanks xx

2. Hi,

Anyone due to start their PGCE Primary at Roehampton in Sept 2011? I'm trying to make a head start and get my reading done for the 'Talk Task' but for the life of me, I can't find one of the articles we need to read. I've followed the link provided to us, but the page doesn't exist. I've also spent hours searching the internet, but every time I think I've found it, it's always unable to load the page. Very frustrating!

The article is called "Re-conceptualizing "Scaffolding" and the Zone of Proximal Development in the Context of Symmetrical Collaborative Learning" Fernandez,M et al (2001). It's taken from "Journal of Classroom Interaction vol 36 no 2

It seems it's a widely used article but I just can't find it! Can anyone help!!

Many thanks xx

3. Hello!
    I have exactly the same problem. I too am starting the PGCE Primary at Roehampton in Sept 2011. I'll email someone who is on staff in the PGCE dept. I'll let you know if I manage to get hold of it.
    Thanks

4. Hello rubyroo!
    I now have the article.:) One of the tutors sent it to me. Apparently it's on the pre-reg site on moodle. If you send me your email address, I'll forward it to you.

5. Hi there,
    I have came across your conversation whilst too trying to find the link to Fernandez et al (2001). I wonder if it would be possible for you to help me with the link, as I have tried continuously to locate the file, but to no avail.
    Kind regards

6. Hello both,
    I couldn't make the link work either so it may just be best to email one of the tutors at the university (addresses on moodle) and ask for the article as an attachment.
    Hope that helps.