1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help. Feeling particularly fragile.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Flowersinspring, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Flowersinspring

Flowersinspring Lead commenter

A very tough day today. Kids are tired, staff are tired. On the way home two drivers almost went into me-they were on the wrong side of the road and just drove towards me while looking for a parking space outside a shop. I had to stop and double check that we do drive on the left-seriously-I wasn't sure for a moment. Just been to the vet, bad news about my dog's arthritis and even worse news for my bank balance. My card was rejected twice! I thought I was going to have a panic attack. Anxiety is back. It eventually worked when I put it in the machine.

Without sounding too delicate, a c****y day and my nerves are in threads.
    There is no point to this thread other than to vent to the air and hope others are having a better time today.

It's almost Friday, isn't it?

sunshineneeded and agathamorse like this.
  2. CWadd

CWadd Star commenter

Sounds like a very tough day.

Do something nice for yourself this evening. Have a bath. Watch something you like. Read. Get the family to help you in the kitchen and clear away.

Four more sleeps. Breathe.

3. colpee

colpee Star commenter

Maybe you have just been unwittingly efficient and packed a whole fortnight of crud into Monday! All downhill now till Friday and then half term.

Reward yourself with a drink and a feet-up evening.

4. mothorchid

mothorchid Star commenter

Vent away @Flowersinspring some days deserve it.
    Tomorrow is another day, and it may be better.Take care of yourself.

5. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

Sorry to hear about your bad day. Can you manage to relax and destress a bit this evening? I ring a lovely bubble bath helps me relax. Take care.

6. littlejackhorner

littlejackhorner Senior commenter

Sorry to hear that you're having a bad day. I'm not surprised you are feeling tired and stressed. It's been a long, hard half term for schools.
    Relax tonight with a wine, hot chocolate or anything else that helps and go to sleep with the thought that tomorrow is a new day and life is full of peaks and troughs. So tomorrow may well feel a lot better than today.

7. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

Very true.

agathamorse likes this.
  8. Flowersinspring

Thank you folks. Xxxx

9. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

Folk are great on here when you need a pick me up... there used to be a bar here with baubles in.;)

10. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

Ooops sorry. I meant "I find" not "I ring."

agathamorse and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  11. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

agathamorse and Jamvic like this.
  12. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

Horrible day. And we all hit that wall from time to time. Just hold on until Friday for school. Very sorry about the dog. Diffident virtual pat for you.

13. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Star commenter

Oh FIS that is a really pants day. Get your feet up. Chocolate? Glass of something nice? I hope tomorrow's better. X

agathamorse, Lara mfl 05 and Jamvic like this.
  14. red_observer

red_observer Star commenter

Get yourself something nice to eat get your feet up and yes it’s closer to Friday already. Take care flower.

15. Flowersinspring

My God, you're bloody lovely. Thank you.

Self-pitying is horrible. Sorry.

Wine is in a glass. Chocolate is still in the shop, sadly.

Onwards, and if not upwards then definitely horizontally-wards!

16. Jamvic

Jamvic Star commenter

Agree with everyone. Treat yourself to a me, me, me evening.

agathamorse and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  17. Corvuscorax20

Corvuscorax20 Star commenter

Its been a really long hard grind to get to the last week. Tough on everyone. Probably the worst year ever, school wise.

And then a load of horrible extra stuff on top.:(

Sending you lots of love, and I hope it ok with you, I just said a little prayer for you

18. cassandramark2

cassandramark2 Lead commenter

This has been the worst year of my life. However, I have to believe that, no matter how bad it gets, the sun will shine again. A few weeks ago, I bought a top with ‘Be kind’ emblazoned across the front. I wear this into school twice a week in order to subliminally transmit the message to everyone. No matter how dark life can seem, being good to others - and having them reciprocate - is the best way of coping.

19. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

We all get those days. Get an early night in and you might just have a good day tomorrow.:)

agathamorse and Marshall like this.
  20. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Indeed.

agathamorse likes this.