1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help!! Examples of definitions buzz words please

Discussion in 'English' started by dianehistory, Apr 18, 2012.

1. dianehistory

dianehistory New commenter

Can anyone tell me both the definition and the application to the below please. Answers would be hugely appreciated! (Its the 'electronic bit I don't get). Or direct me to the appropriate sites. THANKS.

Electronic
    (Curriculum Mapping)

Standards-Based/Outcomes-Based
    Education.

Designing
    engaging enquiry-based units of work
    </font>

UbD (Backwards design)</font></font>

2. dianehistory

Can anyone tell me both the definition and the application to the below please. Answers would be hugely appreciated! (Its the 'electronic bit I don't get). Or direct me to the appropriate sites. THANKS.

Electronic
    (Curriculum Mapping)

Standards-Based/Outcomes-Based
    Education.

Designing
    engaging enquiry-based units of work
    </font>

UbD (Backwards design)</font></font>

3. sunflower48

sunflower48 New commenter

Why not just ask the person who gave you or set you this information? Seems the most obvious choice to me, just ask.

4. dianehistory

If I could ask, obviously I would. I can't. Do you know these meanings or did I just irritate you for asking? I don't understand the notion of electronic mapping. I understand curriculum mapping, its the electronic bit that I don't know

5. Spassky

Spassky New commenter

Presumably it just means using a computer to do curriculum mapping?

6. dianehistory

Hi,
    Yeah thats what I thought, but apparently not. It is an incredibly high tech school. I have used curricula mapping. I am having a problem applying Standards based/outcomes . I don't know how to ference that in English or History! Thanks anyway

7. Kidders

Kidders New commenter

well the curriculum mapping is in brackets next to the word electronic, so perhaps you're reading too much into this and they just want a curriculum map designed using their ict system?

8. dianehistory

Yes, I've decided thats what it is. Its a cross between nerves and seeing 'electronic'. The other 'backwards design' was easy once I read about it. Its an American system and just means you write the curriculum backwards, in order to 'lead' planning. Just another fad, but one a school I want a job in, so I, again, panicked. Thanks for replying anyway