1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help! Edexcel Unit 2 response to a live performance

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by dancerstb, Mar 14, 2012.

1. dancerstb

dancerstb New commenter

Hi,
    Slightly thrown in at the deep end (long story) and need some advise - what do you ask your students to look for and write about for the response to a live performance A03?
    Does anyone have a writing frame or guidance notes?
    I need to get a year 11 class who aren't mine doing this over the next few weeks and not sure where the best place is to start.
    Any advice/help would be really appreciated, thank you!

2. dancerstb

dancerstb New commenter

Hi,
    Slightly thrown in at the deep end (long story) and need some advise - what do you ask your students to look for and write about for the response to a live performance A03?
    Does anyone have a writing frame or guidance notes?
    I need to get a year 11 class who aren't mine doing this over the next few weeks and not sure where the best place is to start.
    Any advice/help would be really appreciated, thank you!

3. matthewcoe

matthewcoe New commenter

Hi! If you sned me your email I can send you some Powerpoints and Word files to help you with this. my email is mcoe@bydales-tc.org.uk if you want to get in touch!

4. matthewcoe

matthewcoe New commenter

5. It MUST NOT tell the story of the play. It MUST evaluate the elements and medium of drama used in the performance and explore the effect they have on the audience. That's the most basic rule, I think.

6. Just going on what I was told on a course, Arthur's advice is the most important. They must be referring to the work they have done, as a process rather than as a performance (which it shouldn't really be anyway) and focusing on *why* they made the decisions they did, demonstrating their understanding of what they're doing.

7. Just to save confusion - Crunchy has misread OP. which was about theatre review.

8. Oops, absolutely right! How embarrassing! That's what happens when I try to post in a rush! Apologies!