1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

HELP!! Edexcel Unit 1 AS written work

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by jorb, Oct 27, 2011.

1. jorb

jorb New commenter

I am really struggling to help my students with their exploration notes. Does anyone have any examples/extracts from good written pieces that I might use to show to them? I don't find the Edexcel website especially helpful.

2. I do in theory but am struggling to scan. Sorry. :(Tried to send someone GCSE coursework and couldn't manage it. What are they struggling with? Could you maybe write an exemplar?

3. jorb

jorb New commenter

That's really helpful, thanks

4. I've got some really good examples from last year if you want a look at them. PM me with your email address and I'll send them onto you.
    My AS students have been working on theirs and I've been looking through their notes (rough) over the holidays....think I'll need to "teach" them how to do it too....the advice I've been giving them is; for each element, to choose a key moment for them to reflect and evaluate on and I've given them key words for each section too i.e. Non verbal communication - facial expression, proxemics, body language, movement.
    Hope that helps.
    Nicky[​IMG]

5. I agree, I think it does have to have to be that specific - otherwise they just don't get in under the word count.

Mine chose one section (they had notes on all of them with they made along the way under the different headings) and tried writing 180 words for that one topic. That meant that I could look at it and advise them before they wrote any more, which has saves them writing a full 1500 words of rubbish which is what sometimes happens! :D