1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help! Don't want my full name on here but can't change it!

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by Elainewhybro, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Elainewhybro

Elainewhybro New commenter

Anyone know how I can change my name on here? I've changed user name on my profile but it's not changing on here! Was stupid of me to put full name in first place but didn't think!!

2. Eureka!

Eureka! Lead commenter

Don't use it. Create another identity.Simples.

3. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

Remembering, of course, that members are only permitted one user-identity each.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Changing your username cannot be done by members, so you will need to contact TES_Help for that. Choose another name first, and check that it isn't already in use, then send them a Conversation.

Gosh, that sounds daft! Start a Conversation is better! Actually I have just checked - there is no TES_Help on here, so you will need to send an e-mail: help@tes.co.uk

5. cissy3

cissy3 Star commenter

Yes. I changed my name not long after I joined (because it had connotations that I hadn't thought through!) and TES were most helpful.

Not that there's owt wrong with Elainewhybrow (is there?) Ooh, colours!

iGCSE101 likes this.
  6. iGCSE101

iGCSE101 New commenter

I had same problem, I should have just contacted TES as they are really helpful, but in end I just created an identity that matches what I teach.