1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help! Does anyone teach and work in China

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by griffermans, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    I have been offered a job in China and am looking for someone to tell me what it is like living and working there?
    Thanks [​IMG]

2. well done ! i was looking at possibly applying - how did you find the process ?

3. great! I really enjoyed the interview!

4. wrldtrvlr123

wrldtrvlr123 Occasional commenter

China can be great. What city? Your experience can be very different depending on the part of China and what school you will be at.

5. lennoc

lennoc New commenter

I was there for 5 years and loved it but as mentioned above China is a big place, there is a wide range of schools there (from horrific scams through to excellent) and your experience could be completely different from mine.

6. Hi and thanks for posting. I will be in Tianjin working for an excellent
    international school with a superb reputation. Do you know of Tianjin?

7. wrldtrvlr123

wrldtrvlr123 Occasional commenter

I am not familiar with any schools in Tianjin that meet that exact description (but then again I do not claim to be an expert on Tianjin or the schools there). I trust that you have verified this description with several non-biased sources.
    I am in Beijing, but have not been to Tianjin yet. I'm told that it is a reasonably livable city with many of the same positives and negatives of Beijing (some cultural sights, reasonable cost of living, access to good restaurants and some western amenities vs. pollution, traffic etc). I do know that you would be a 30 minute train ride from Beijing and I quite like it here.
    Let me know if you have any specific questions about China. There was a good thread about this very subject a few weeks ago (China, not Tianjin).

8. Thanks a lot. Ill start thinking of some questions!