1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help!! Desperately looking for the title of a book about night time!

Discussion in 'English' started by Sargre28, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Hi was wondering if anyone could help me with locating the title of a book. I'm just about to start planning for a unit of work about the local area and part of it is about how the area changes at night.
    I remember a great book about night time which talked about the different people who start their work at night time (seem to remember a road sweeper) as well as places like hospitals which are always open (there is a page about a baby being born at night as well as someone passing away).
    I know it's quite vague but someone might know what i'm talking about! If anyone could help it would be very appreciated!

2. Hi was wondering if anyone could help me with locating the title of a book. I'm just about to start planning for a unit of work about the local area and part of it is about how the area changes at night.
    I remember a great book about night time which talked about the different people who start their work at night time (seem to remember a road sweeper) as well as places like hospitals which are always open (there is a page about a baby being born at night as well as someone passing away).
    I know it's quite vague but someone might know what i'm talking about! If anyone could help it would be very appreciated!

3. You don't say the year or ability you're thinking about.

It's a short story, but Ray Bradbury's "The Pedestrian" would be pretty good.