1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help! Culture and Identity - AQA

Discussion in 'Social sciences' started by catsnotdogs, Dec 3, 2011.

1. So at the last minute I have to teach this. Any recommendations on text books? Also, where can I find 'model' answers. Going insane with anxiety......

2. blt

blt New commenter

Didn't want to read and run! Does the Webb and Westergaard have culture and identity in it?

Also, I think there is a reading list on the AQA website under teacher resources so that might give a steer.

As for model answers, I'd sign up for one of the online feedback sessions from the summer exams and you'll get a pack. If not give the team a ring and I'm sure they'd be happy to send you something if you are new to the topic.

3. Excellent - thanks :)

4. Webb does not have the culture section, but the Ken Browne AS book might be useful. If not the Collins AS book with the White jigsaw cover, think it's by Moore, is pretty reliable.

From what I know of this topic, students find it relatable but tricky, so really hammer home the studies and theories and contextualise with real examples from 'their world'!

5. Thanks so much. They had the exam today - we'll see. Thanks again.