1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

HELP!! Cross curricular texts to appeal to all, especially boys.

Discussion in 'English' started by tanyamorris, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Am in a bit of a pickle as I have been asked to develop a list of stimulating texts to act as a base for our new creative curriculum (Years R-6). Bearing in mind that I am completely new to the Creative Curriculum, I am finding this rather a challenge.
    Has anyone used a particularly great text across the curriculum or have experience of teaching the creative curriculum? Can we really stetch a text across the whole curriculum and still manage to teach tight focussed objectives?

All advice from those with more experience or indeed more imagination will be gratefully received.

2. Am in a bit of a pickle as I have been asked to develop a list of stimulating texts to act as a base for our new creative curriculum (Years R-6). Bearing in mind that I am completely new to the Creative Curriculum, I am finding this rather a challenge.
    Has anyone used a particularly great text across the curriculum or have experience of teaching the creative curriculum? Can we really stetch a text across the whole curriculum and still manage to teach tight focussed objectives?

All advice from those with more experience or indeed more imagination will be gratefully received.