1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

help - creating a pdf file from scanned doc

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by hockeysticks, Dec 20, 2011.

1. hockeysticks

hockeysticks New commenter

Hi, I need to send copies of my teaching cert and degree certs to an agency as pdf files. Have scanned them in and converted them to a word doc, but adobex wont convert them to a pdf. It keeps saying that it cant recognise the document. What am I doing wrong? any help gratefully recieved.

2. hockeysticks

Hi, I need to send copies of my teaching cert and degree certs to an agency as pdf files. Have scanned them in and converted them to a word doc, but adobex wont convert them to a pdf. It keeps saying that it cant recognise the document. What am I doing wrong? any help gratefully recieved.

3. johncollinswork

johncollinswork New commenter

Try saving as a different version word doc (2003 format for example)
    Failign that, try a free on line pdf converter
    http://www.freepdfconvert.com/
    or zamzar

4. autismuk

autismuk New commenter

Or install CutePDF (a freebie) which allows you to create a PDF.

5. hockeysticks

Fantastic, didn't realise zamzar also did pdf conversions - i spent all morning on this and now it is done. Thanks very much for prompt replies and all your help. hope santa brings all you want

6. Ignore the "buy this" options for converters. Download Libre Office (or even Open Office, if you must) for free from the web, scan your stuff (save as a file) then insert it into a LibreOffice document as a picture.
    Finally, export the document as PDF - which is built into Libre Office.