1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

help!!! confused and in need of answers!!!

Discussion in 'Music' started by skirky, Feb 18, 2012.

1. skirky

skirky New commenter

I wonder if anyone can help me. I am due to start teaching btec performing arts in september. Do I have to use the new spec for 2012 which currently is only in preaccredited draft stage or can I use the 2010 spec as my line manager has told me??? I need to start planning and do not know which spec I should follow!!! SLT at my place have told me to use the 2010 spec for Septembers intake and I am confused. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!

2. Email the exam board if in any doubt?

3. skirky

skirky New commenter

I have emailed edexcel but am still waiting.....!

4. skirky

skirky New commenter

i have done but still waiting whilst tearing my hair out!!!

5. I'm pretty certain you need to use the new spec for 2012 which is only in the draft stage as our head of drama was tearing her hair out over what to put in the options booklet and and we were discussing possibly moving to a GCSE in Performing Arts instead, as she didn't want to do lots of planning only to change it. However I'm not 100% certain Posting this in drama might give you a quicker response as I think more drama teachers tend to teach it than music.