1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

HELP! CLPE power of reading unit Goodnight Mister Tom

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Roseman, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Roseman

Roseman New commenter

Hi
    I have been looking at the CLPE briefly and reading some blogs on this and from what I can gather it looks really useful.
    Does anybody out there have a copy of the Year 6 unit relating to Mister Tom that they would be happy to share.
    many thanks in advance.

I am struggling to find any decent plans for this unit and would appreciate any help.

2. Wotton

Wotton Lead commenter

If you google there are many examples including those on tes.
    May not be directly related to CLPE but may be of help.

3. Lilaclady

Lilaclady New commenter

Is this something to do with Book Power 6? If so, it is quite cheap on Amazon. Does it have units of work/ideas in it?

4. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

The Power of Reading units are protected by copyright.
    Your school needs to sign up to use the Power of Reading scheme in order to use them.
    It's not especially expensive (I think a few hundred pounds a year for the whole school).
    And then, you'll have access to all of the units plans, from Y1-Y6.
    I suggest you get your English coordinator to look into it or contact CLPE.
    They are very good.

5. Lilaclady

Lilaclady New commenter

Good to know thanks, but I'm more interested in creating my own units. This book is on their website so I wondered how useful it would be.

6. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

And I should add that the POR units are good, but like all schemes of work, need to be adapted heavily. They are a source of some good ideas and resources, though.
    I don't know much about the book on their website - the POR schemes are pdf files that you get access to once you sign up.
    My reply to the OP was mainly to state that they are copyrighted so I wouldn't be allowed to email copies to him/her.

7. Lilaclady

Lilaclady New commenter

Thanks for the info. I might get it then to have a browse as I want to freshen things up this year.
    I've never managed to use a unit of work straight off the page, but maybe that's just me :)

8. FriedEggs

FriedEggs New commenter

The unit on the power of reading website is indeed the same one as in 'Book Power 6' by CLPE. The book also comes with a CD containing the resources. I have used this unit twice, and got on well with it for a year 5 & 6 class.