1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help! Bloom's Taxonomy in the classroom...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by ozzieskyhat, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Dear all
    Can anyone help me? I am trying to learn all that I can to use Bloom in the classroom. Can anyone recommend a useful website or book (ideally) that I can use. I need to keep up to date on this and six hat thinking. Where can I easily go for help? I have spent a sorry hour sifting through nonsense after a useless google.
    Any help greatly appreciated.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[​IMG]

2. Dear all
    Can anyone help me? I am trying to learn all that I can to use Bloom in the classroom. Can anyone recommend a useful website or book (ideally) that I can use. I need to keep up to date on this and six hat thinking. Where can I easily go for help? I have spent a sorry hour sifting through nonsense after a useless google.
    Any help greatly appreciated.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[​IMG]

3. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

As six hat thinking is a quarter of a century old and Bloom's taxonomy has already celebrated its quinquagenary, I am unsure as to what you mean by keeping up to date on this

4. I am not at all sure why the heck you would want to use it at all, as I think it is a load of baloney, but basically, all you need is the diagram.
    [​IMG]

5. marshypops

marshypops New commenter

6. It;s being waved about in the staff room, I just wanted to know what other people are doing. That's what I meant about keeping up to date. Think theres a bit of trying to 'outdo' each other. In our place at least. Yeah, Im better off watching the toy dogs on crufts later......

7. doomzebra

Just stick with
    <ol>[*]What?[*]How?[*]Why? </ol>

8. Or this version I learnt:
    1) Listen
    2) Remember
    3) Apply

9. What is for tea?
    How will I make it?
    Why is there no wine to go with it.
    [​IMG] thanks everyone

10. doomzebra

+ what is the easiest way to get some wine to go with it

11. fantastischfish

fantastischfish Established commenter

+ Can I evaluate the quality of the wine by tasting more than one glass of it?

12. + what can I learn from this to apply next time?

13. Listen, I can't remember what the wine was like. Perhaps I'lll have to drink more.

14. Two thirds of the way through a bottle of "Blossom Hill Signature Blend Italian Red" - 3 for &pound;10 at ASDA - Blooms what ?

15. This link should take you to Blooms Peacock - http://ilearntechnology.com/?p=2973.
    It's a really useful visual for Blooms Taxonomy and also contains a fantastic link to useful educational web tools / websites.