1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help! Backing tracks for the Wizard of Oz!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Laurakateth, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Hello,
    I am desperately searching for backing tracks for the songs from the original mgm production of the Wizard of Oz. I have searched the internet, bought some rubbish versions from itunes and this is my last attempt before i give up!
    If anyone has any ideas or knows where i could get the backing tracks, please let me know asap!!
    Thanks,
    Laura

2. Hi did you find any music because I'm currently looking and can find nothing!! Also a script, did you use the free ones on the internet and tweek them?

3. Just to add to the point I replied to on the parallel post, if you are going to perform The Wizard of Oz, you need to get hold of the original script from the rights holders in order to do it in line with performing rights law. You can, of course, adapt the text of the book (as it is no longer in copyright) but you will have to right all new songs as these are currently copyrighted. Good luck.