1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help at interview

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by billygoat, Feb 21, 2012.

1. How you differentiate your lessons? Is their behaviour policy available online? If it is have a look because they may ask how you deal with pupil behaviour.

2. Beb

Beb New commenter

Knowledge of P levels, B squared! Behaviour prevention strategies, team management, in special school you are likely to be expected to manage a team of teaching assistants as you may well have a team of 4 or 5!
    Safe guarding, knowledge of Teacch, just a few ideas off the top of my head, after an exhausting but fulfilling day in special school, it is the BEST job in the world and I LOVE IT.

3. Thanks very much billygoat, I've now had a look at their policies and have made a few notes.
    I thought I could take a couple of work sheets showing how differentiation from main stream to SEN.

4. Thanks very much Beb, I've been on a Team Teach course, so will keep that in mind. Yes I think it will be the best job if I can just secure it!!

5. dzil

dzil Occasional commenter

Just a thought, but if you are taking worksheets be prepared to explain how you'd differentiate the work further downwards for the pupils who can't read/ write / understand or otherwise cope with a worksheet to show you've thought about the pupils varying needs. (Just in case the interviewers mistakenly think you can only work with worksheets and texts ! )