1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help and inspiration needed please.

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by notmeanymore, Dec 26, 2011.

1. I'm cooking for friends on Saturday night and am completely out of ideas for what to cook.
    None of us have any allergies or anything, and I'd ideally like something simple and tasty - with a recipe!!
    Main course and dessert are required - any ideas gratefully received! Oh, and there will be four of us.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Sausage, egg and chips, white bread and tomato sauce.
    Our tea tonight in the hope of persuading our tummies to forgive the large influx of cheese!

What sort of food do you have in mind? A one pot, dip in and help yourself thing? Or a simple but unusual dish?

If you want something light and delicious I would seriously suggest Prawns and spinach recipe
    You can posh it up using big prawns or keep it simple by using frozen prawns, ready cooked, thrown in for the last few minutes to warm through. And we toss in whatever tomatoes we happen to have in - even half a tin once, when too lazy to shop!
    I would go with fresh spinach though, especially if you have guests. But frozen works OK. You can see how this gets to be a favourite quick meal!!!
    Good crusty bread and butter are vital, as the juices are absolutely divine - trust me, Climber looked askance big style when presented with this the first time. It is now one of his favourite quick dishes!

If that hasn't met your needs, let me know and I'll have a re-think. I'm still considering a pud for you!