1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help and advice needed for SEN teacher pilot project

Discussion in 'Personal' started by ed-fuse, Nov 1, 2017.

1. ed-fuse

ed-fuse New commenter

Hi everyone,

I am currently trying to reach out to schools for a SEN pilot project which I would like to run in January 2018 to try and get SEN teachers and teaching assistants into work. This post is * not * a promotional post and is written by me for the sole purpose of asking for feedback and advice. To remain in line with TES’s forum guidelines, I will not leave any web links to the project and will not state the name of the project.

The project will be an online platform for schools and supply teachers to connect directly and free of oversized agency commissions. Each teacher will create a profile which Schools will be able to access and reach out to in real time. Schools will pay a flat daily rate of 15 pounds per supply teacher. This daily rate will stop after 20 days and schools can continue to hire the same supply teacher for free. There will be no finder’s fees or introduction fees. We have some SEN teaching assistants signed up that I'm keen to help for primary school positions and are considering specializing in SEN. Teachers would be paid separately from the software platform by schools on a contracting basis.

The questions I have are:

• Are schools open to hiring supply teachers on a freelance basis and making 2 payments, 1 separate payment to teachers and one to my software platform?

• Would schools be comfortable transitioning from the traditional supply teacher agency model and if not, why not? Are there ways to make this transition easier for schools?

• As a completely new software company starting out, there is possibility to be flexible with what features to build. Are there pain points within the education recruitment industry that I can try to address?

Thank you very much for reading this post and I look forward to hearing thoughts and feedback from this community.