1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

HELP...Advice required on getting a teaching job in Costa Del Sol/surrounding areas

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by Winchy, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Hello all,
    I am looking for some advice from the knowledgeable people out there.
    I am desperate to move to Costa Del Sol in the very near future and would be looking to find a primary teaching role in that area.
    I have no idea where to start, what schools to contact and where to find people in the know...as it seems it is very challenging to get a job out there. My partner lives there and will be moving out there soon so any advice or help on this would be greatly appreciated.
    I am beginning Spanish lessons but would be at a beginner level. I am a newly qualified teacher with one years experience in mainstream school teaching primary six level and 9 months experience (and counting) teaching in additional support needs setting with children who have complex autism.
    Thanks in advance :)

2. Hi
    I've been teaching in Spain for the last 6 years but beware your dream. I'd say your best bet would be to set up an alert in the TES otherwise get yourself on a plane and have a visit. There are MILLIONS of 'international' schools across Spain, some more reputable than others. What sort of area are you looking at?
    A good site might be : http://spain.english-schools.org or http://www.learn4good.com/schools/international_schools_spain.htm.
    It is also worth remembering that some schools have more than one site, so don't dismiss out of hand a school based on just its 'location'.
    These two sites list schools that I am familiar with (some more than others), it would be my recommendation to go onto there web sites, have a look around, and then send your CV and covering letter!
    Living and working in Spain is an experience, but its not an easy life, wages are quite low and cost of living is quite high, but, I love it!
    good luck!

karenharris78@yahoo.co.uk