1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help! Advice re job interview; numeracy test...

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Blue_May, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Hi
    Can anyone help?
    I'm very nervous as I've got a job interview coming up on Monday for a tutor role.
    Part of the assessment involves a numeracy test and just wanted to know what to expect? Will I be tested at Level two or three and is there any mental arithmetic involved?
    Sorry I'm a bit embarrassed by this but I guess that's the beauty of posting anonymously?
    Thanks

2. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

I'm not sure anyone can tell you, unless they're the ones setting you the test.

3. armandine2

armandine2 Established commenter

I tutored level 2 numeracy recently to a girl doing the Edexcel on line tests. We did a stack of these tests and after a while you get to know the difference between numeracy and mental arithmetic. The crux is possibly the multi-choice answer, and the time constraint, which favours a real sense of quantity rather than an exact answer laboriously worked out.