1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help! Advice and Ideas Needed

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by georginabull2006, May 15, 2011.

1. Hi Everyone

I have an interview on Tuesday and have to teach a 20 minute lesson to a key stage 3 class of 7 pupils. 3 have PMLD with current attainment around P1 - 2 3 have SLD and ASD with current attainment of around P2 - 5 and one has SLD with current attainment of P2 - 3 . There will be 3 TA's with the class.

I am trying to make the move from secondary mainstream education to working in a school for pupils with profound and complex needs. I have a nursing background which seems to have many similarities but I am not confident with the teaching and learning approaches.

It would be great if anyone with experience of working in a similar school could give me some ideas about suitable activities and how to organise the time.

Thank you in advance

2. How about doing a "Sensory Story"?

3. That's a great idea - I will give it a go!

Thank you