1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Help---a research about music education in England

Discussion in 'Music' started by Evacheng, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Hi, I'm a PhD student here, and my current research topic is about the comparison of music education between England and China. Since I am an international student and haven't stayed here for a long time, I don't know much about music education here, especially the teaching content and pedagogy, etc.. I listed some topics below, could you provide me some information on these as much as possible? I will be very grateful for your help.
    1. Are teaching contents in music lessons, which include textbooks or teaching materials, chosen by music teachers?
    2. In England, the most common activities in secondary music classes are performing and composing works, is that right? Do students in Key Stage 3 learn some musical theory, history or learn to read music?
    3. Do you know whether some music teachers try to integrate 'sustainable development' into music teaching?

2. v12

v12

Yes. Yes. and....Yes, they do - especially if they have responsibility for music across several Key Stages.