1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Hello

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by Smuainteach, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Smuainteach

Smuainteach New commenter

Hi everyone,

I've recently joined as I've had confirmation of an offer to start my PGDE in Glasgow in August. I thought it would be a good idea to get involved here and get a feel for what the profession will be like prior to beginning my course - I'm looking forward to immersing myself and hopefully being able to make a worthwhile contribution to the community. Any tips or pieces of advice are always welcome!

2. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

Welcome

It's a pretty friendly place and there is a fair bit of support for anyone with questions.
    Read a bit before diving in, but once you have got an idea of how things work on here just splash about like the rest of us.
    :)

3. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

4. Smuainteach

Smuainteach New commenter

Thanks for the tip, I'll take a look there. I'm from just outside Glasgow originally, but I've been studying in Aberdeen and Edinburgh in the years since. It will be good to be back.

5. soundstuff13

soundstuff13 New commenter

You've made a good choice. This is a good place to be.
    I'm starting back into the system and on my very first foray I found helpful advice and supportive comments.