1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

hello

Discussion in 'Primary' started by fingar, Mar 13, 2011.

1. hello. I am in my second year of early childhood studies and reallly need help with my desertation topic. do you think ' understanding and managing challenging behaviour in an early years setting?' or somthing to with play? please help if anyone has ideas
    thankyou

2. hello. I am in my second year of early childhood studies and reallly need help with my desertation topic. do you think ' understanding and managing challenging behaviour in an early years setting?' or somthing to with play? please help if anyone has ideas
    thankyou

3. Do we think what?
    Your post is very unclear!

4. hello. basically i just need help with whether the two ideas are good or not?
    'understanding and managing childrens challenging behaviour in an early years setting'
    or 'play' as a desertation topic I would find more information on? im confused to which topic is better in doing a desertation

5. I've never heard of a desertation so couldn't really help you there [​IMG]

6. okay thanx newways. um du you know how to view other peoples ideas maybe on desertation topics and how i can find that on here? where to go?

7. Do you mean dissertaton? How many words do you need to write? Which are you more interested in? - I couldn't imagine writing a massive essay on something I wasn't interested in!! Both subjects have got potential!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I think you mean "dissertation".

9. This thread isn't serious is it?

10. Do you mean dissertation? How many words so you need to write? Which are you more interested in? - couldn't imagine writing thousands of words on something I wasn't interested in!! Both subjects have potential!

11. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Worryingly, I think it probably is!

12. Lord help us if a degree student can't even spell dissertation let alone choose a subject for it that they are interested in!

13. Msz

Msz Established commenter

I suggest you trythe Early Years forum and that you do a spell check...
    the subject needs to be something you feel strongly about so not really something others can help with until you decide.

14. PFF...a BA student in my class this week made the following spelling errors...dogg, fearse, mean't, seed's (plural)...final year, I wonder what the world is coming to!

15. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Nooooo...!! How have they ever met the standard relating to subject knowledge? Surely basic spelling is part of literacy subject knowledge?

And hopefully no-one will say this is the internet and so such things don't matter. They do! The OP is trying to create the impression they are a conscientious student, trying to do the best dissertation they can., so are asking for advice..actually they gave the impression of being illiterate and unable to think for themselves, both of which are probably completely untrue.

To the OP. Yes we are being a little harsh, but if you were to come back with a more detailed, well thought out hypothesis for your dissertation and then asked which might be easier to research you will get lots of help and support. People ask all the time and they do. But if you haven't bothered to think of anything more than a short title, can't be bothered to spell check or use capitals and grammar correctly, then we have to assume you aren't that bothered about your work and so are not that bothered to spend time helping you. Impressions do matter!

16. Oh my god give them a break!! You lot are so judgemental!! So they made a spelling mistake, who cares?! Im assuming you all talk at home like you do in the classroom then!?

17. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

How else would I talk[​IMG]

18. Anyway, i do agree that you need to write about something you are interested in but i've gotta say, play is quite a big thing at the moment, i know a few people who have written about play based learning compared to a formal based education and there is a lot of research out there to help you.

19. The mind boggles!
    One would hope that if you were studying for your dissertation you would at least be able to spell it!

20. Oh, and it was much more than just one spelling mistake.