1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Hello - what have I missed?

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by henriette, Sep 4, 2011.

1. henriette

henriette New commenter

Back from my very late holiday - what have I missed?

2. henriette

henriette New commenter

Back from my very late holiday - what have I missed?

3. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

Nothing overly exciting, H, although we do have a few new (or more frequent, at least) faces on here. Which is nice!
    Good to have you back though.
    Good hols, then?

4. henriette

henriette New commenter

Fab, thanks, Nick.
    I can highly recommend the Ile d'Oléron to anyone who loves relaxed French beaches and little "towns" to potter about in! In a couple of years (when Molly is walking safely) I can quite imagine you going there!

5. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

Hmmm...interesting..we were only talking about future holidays earlier and decided that France will be a definite destination for beachy holidays, but were thinking more Languedoc-Rousillon (Aude or Pyrénées-Orientales - have a burning desire to return to Collioure have had a wonderful childhood holiday there) ...have never really considered Ile d'Oléron before. Must look into it!

6. Welcome back! We had a fantastic holiday in France and have already booked again for the same time next year. There's just so much of Brittany we didn't see (definitely an understatement!).

7. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

Welcome back, H! Hope you had a fab time!
    The only big news here is that Scarlett took her first steps yesterday. Spent most of today trying to encourage her to do it again but she's having none of it!

8. henriette

henriette New commenter

Oh that is lovely - how old is she now?

9. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

She's about 15 months.

10. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

We've booked France too for next year. Luvky for me I finish just before the end of June 2012 so we get to go before the rush!
    We're taking my BMW solarium on tour all the way down to the Cote D'Azur and staying a couple of nights in Colomb d'Or amongst other places. On our way back we will stop in the champagne region then back up through to the north and back home via the tunnel.

11. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Makes my trips to Jordan, the Dead sea and Red Sea, Wadi Rum and Petra sound boring!! [​IMG]