1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Hello moderators - please delete me

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by Corvuscorax20, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Corvuscorax20

Corvuscorax20 Senior commenter

Hello, I have had to set up a new account, because my old laptop stopped working, and I couldn't access my old account on my new laptop.

Please can you delete my old account which is Corvuscorax.

Please do not delete my new account which is Corvuscorax20

Thank you very much

2. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

I doubt mods will take any action on this @Corvuscorax20 unless you specifically email them on help@tes.com

The outsourced modding people in The Philippines or wherever they are don't (AFAIK) have admin powers and can't close accounts. They can only edit lock and delete posts & threads.

If it were me I wouldn't worry about it too much. Personally I don't think you are breaching any T&C (but I can't speak for TES!). TES rules say...

"Forum members should only use one username on the forums. Disruptive elements in the forums have been known to use more than one. Please be aware that the Moderation Team can see if forum members have linked or multiple accounts. Members who are found to be using more than one account will face sanctions."
    IMO you are only using one username on the forums because you can't use your original name - you can't access it. (Same disclaimer - I don't know what TES think!)

Corvuscorax20 likes this.
  3. diddydave

diddydave Lead commenter

ROFLMAO...just watched the episode of MASH where they are in a cross-fire and their HQ refuses to believe they are who they say they are...

There's no way they will delete your old account based on a forum posting from a new account, IF THAT IS WHO YOU ARE comrade....

4. Corvuscorax20

good point! I didn't think of that!

diddydave likes this.
  5. catbefriender

catbefriender Lead commenter

Why not just ask to get back into your old account? If you are able to give them details of the email you set it up with etc. then there should be no problem as it's only a year old.

6. Corvuscorax20

It doesn't matter, I am ok with this one now

catbefriender likes this.