1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Hello - Introduce myself

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by Jingye, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Jingye

Jingye New commenter

I am not a qualified teacher but a parent. I hope I am not going to be booted out from this community?
    I have been using resources from Tes for last few years in teaching my DS as extra work after school and finding some very useful.

Working with my son gave me lots of ideas on how can we better teaching quality. Students need to learn the learning skills as well as literacy and math skills.

For last six months or so my DS totally self-managed in preparing CEM 11+ entrance exam. He was motivated, resilient and resourceful - and he is a late August child.

I am not that 'useful' to him (it seemed). As a distraction, I worked on an educational software for the last two months while my DS working on his own study.

Now he passed the exam with flying colours, and my 'app' started to take shape. I look forward to collaborate with English teachers on improving the content quality.

It is a teacher's tool to generate spelling - vocabulary exercise for print and use.

Each new word has synonyms and sometimes antonyms. Each word has multiple missing words (of samples sentences) exercise, and jumbled sentences exercise. All are carefully design to help students learn.

I take sample sentences from classics - Tom Sawyers, Wind in the Willows and all that. They are really good to help readers to get a fresher look to the words that came across in readings before.

But sometimes samples quote from classics is not the best to help them learn. So I will take ones from learner dictionaries or make ones up myself.

Please get in touch if you are interested.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  2. lizziescat

lizziescat Star commenter Forum guide

3. CindyAuthor

CindyAuthor New commenter

nice to meet you

4. Hels_SX

Hels_SX New commenter

Hello! :) nice to meet you.