1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Hello all...Leeds area supply

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by veni_vidi, Jun 30, 2011.

1. veni_vidi

veni_vidi New commenter

Hi, i've just finished my PGCE and haven't mananged to get a job for Sept so looking at supply (possibly). I'm secondary RE with experience of Geography, PSHE and Citizenship.
    Could you advise what the good agencies are in the Leeds area, and if there is enough work?
    Many thanks for any help and advice!

2. historygrump

historygrump Occasional commenter Forum guide

I would register with as many agencies as possible, i.e Teachers UK, Hays, Teaching personal. Work levels will vary from term to term Be prepared to work in primary, especially KS 2, it creates additional work on a day to day basis. You may find that some agencies may try to put in schools as a CS!

3. I'm with Teaching Personnel and Protocol and Teaching Personnel are definitely the better of the two.

4. veni_vidi

veni_vidi New commenter

Many thanks for the advice! I'm doing some general cover in York at the moment and quite enjoying it really, although it keeps you on your toes. Would be prepared to do KS2 for a change as well, although my numeracy is shocking :)

5. Hi

I agree that you need to register with a few agencies, I hear Reed Education are good in Leeds if you are still looking for an agency.

6. I've only joined one... Teaching Personnel, and they've been absolutely amazing. Had a 2 and a half paternity cover in one school, and I've got holiday tutoring for 2 weeks in another school - they're always ringing me up and asking me to work in schools. As I don't drive, I've had to refuse some due to travel time, and they'll also give you work around Leeds, Bradford, Wakefield and Dewsbury. :)

7. Don't bother with Teaching Personnel. Academic Appointments are absolutely fabulous (they cover quite a wide area of Yorkshire) and I've recently signed up with ITN Mark Education. Good luck!