1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Hello all (from Aspie Girl)

Discussion in 'Personal' started by daydreamer86, May 24, 2011.

1. Hello. I just wanted to come and say Hello and give everyone who remembers me (probably not many of you!) an update and introduce myself to those of you who don't know me. I am posting under another username because I feel that my Aspie Girl username is reflective of how young I was when I set up the account. I am not a teenage girl anymore-I'm going to be 25 this year so I chose this name because I daydream a lot and I was born in 1986! I work in a residential special school now with teenagers with severe autism, severe learning disabilities and epilepsy. I have been doing this job since January 2009 and I love it even though it is really tiring and demanding and I have the physical scars to show for it! I also have a wonderful partner now who I have been with for almost 2 years and life is going very well for me. Although I haven't posted on here for several years now, I have been reading this forum again recently and have decided that now is the right time for me to start posting again. If anything, I feel I have more justification in posting now as I am involved in education, albeit in the special residential sector.

Well, that''s it really-just wanted to say a quick Hello. Now I must head to bed. I look forward to posting on here again.

2. Hi Aspie . It's lovely to see you posting again and wonderful news that you are doing something you love. xx

3. Richie Millions

Richie Millions New commenter

Hello sweetie how nice to hear from you again after all this time. It is lovely to hear your news and to know things have now gone so well for you. I hope you will now stay with us and find fun and support here as many of us do x

4. Thanks Bauble. I'm still trying to get used to all the practical changes on here since I last posted here!

5. Thank you! I intend to stay on here-can't believe I was away for so long!

6. How lovely to hear from you! Glad everything is going well for you.

7. Hello again - I remember you well. :)

8. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

Hi and welcome back :)

9. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Occasional commenter

Yay! Lovely to hear from you - welcome back!

10. Thank you everyone.

11. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Hi, I remeber meeting you at the very small Tes meet we had in Brighton, pleased to hear all is well with you and lovely to know you're back.
    I was formerly Zahra

12. I remember you AspieGirl. Pleased to hear things are going well for you.

13. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Senior commenter

That's interesting, MAJ ....

Seeing as AspieGirl last posted six months before you joined TES.

14. Can I hold your magnifying glass and Deerstalker, harshy-but-sherlock? :¬))

15. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Senior commenter

Only if you've washed your hands ....

16. Oh come on ,Bev, take Daydreamer off moderation. She's one of the good guys.

17. Tigger1962

Tigger1962 New commenter

Hi Aspie Girl/Daydreamer

I remember your great insights into children with autism and Aspergers syndrome all of those years ago - these were very useful for dealing with my own aspie girl who was has now turned 15

18. henriette

henriette New commenter

Hi Aspi - you were one of the reasons I changed from my original user name of Aspidistra to thsi one - people kept getting us confused!

19. Phoenixchild

Phoenixchild Occasional commenter

Hi, good to see you back again.xx
    [​IMG]

20. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Lead commenter

Great to see you back! xxx