1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Helathy snacks for serious exam stress?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by ROSIEGIRL, May 15, 2011.

1. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Occasional commenter

Daughter currently revising for finals - very stressed, needs to keep energy levels up etc.. I want to send her a goody box of snacky stuff to help her along. She won't eat lots of chocolate, sweets, crisps etc.. so I'm looking for some nice healthy snacks. Suggestions please!

2. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Nuts and dried fruit.
    Have a look at the graze website for suggestions of interesting combinations which you could make up yourself.

3. Funny... I just opened one of my Graze boxes of nuts... I've been getting them for about a month now and love them to bits... the crackers are my favs..
    I get a box delivered every Thurday and it costs £3.49 - your first is free and second half price.
    I've got a code too if anyone wants to try - 25Y9QPM

4. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

I have a code too, available by PM.
    I wouldn't be so bold as to assume people would want it!

5. Thank you for the code - have just ordered my first box. Noticed you can but vouchers - that might solve a few present-buying problems!

6. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

GRAZE IS NO LONGER A HEALTHY OPTION
    Graze foods are sometimes high in fat and contain artificial additives. They aren't exclusively vegetarian any more either.

Is today Graze advertising day or something????

Better to get some nuts and dried fruits from local health food shop - better price.
    Some dried fruits are very high in sugar though, so do check the packet before assuming that fruit and nuts are healthy for someone doing very little physical activity.
    A slice of wholemeal toast with an appopriate topping would probably be a better snack for study. Sardines, cheese, nut spreads are good in small quantities. Fresh fruit and veg always the best!

7. Thanks if you signed up using my code...
    They may not all be the healthiest of options but you can choose to have the healthy ones where they are low fat or whatever.
    Your choice...[​IMG]

8. marmot.morveux

marmot.morveux New commenter

My favourite pre-exam snack was always a mars bar; an hour before the exam. It always managed to settle my nerves and was great for helping the brain [​IMG]
    MM

9. I've made healthy (healthier) cereal bars this morning.
    Melt together:
    60g honey
    30g peanut butter
    30g butter
    80g marshmallows
    Stir into 300g of mixed dried fruit, nuts and cereal of your choice (I used gluten free cornflakes).
    Tip into lined baking tin. Leave to set for an hour or two. Turn out and cut into squares.
    A batch like this lasts OH and I a week.
    Hope it's useful.

10. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

mmmmmm

11. Oh dear... now I feel guilty... I made Chocolate Whoopie Pies with marshmallow cream filling.... I will take them in to school to share with my faculty... does that absolve me...???

12. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Occasional commenter

Thanks for all the lovely ideas! She eats lots of fruit so I'm looking for some nice starchy snacks to tempt her.
    I'd wondered about the Graze boxes, so thaks for the codes - I will have a look at that. And the cereal bars sound lovely! Not sure how postable they would be though?

13. Lilac, I wasn't presuming anyone would wantmy code, but as people had suggested the option of the box (and I think Rosie mentioned sending the snacks to her daughter) it seemed a way for rosie to try it for free (and anyone else that wnated too). Sorry to offend anyone!

14. lilachardy

You've been advertising your code all over the place - this thread was merely a convenient place for you to repost it!

15. no I haven't. This is the only place I've posted it. Maybe you're confusing me with someone else?

16. Bananas. I survived on these (along with Marlboro Lights and coffee, not recommended) during my Master's thesis write up. Easy to eat and a good source of tryptophan to calm her down!

17. lilachardy

Ok, my mistake. I apologise.