1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Heeellllppp!!!

Discussion in 'English' started by cassini, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Evening,

I would really appreciate some ideas for an interview lesson that I have got to plan in the next 2 hours and have only just found out about. 50 minutes, SEN, 15 pupils, punctuation/structure.

Any help or pointers much appreciated!

:)

2. Evening,

I would really appreciate some ideas for an interview lesson that I have got to plan in the next 2 hours and have only just found out about. 50 minutes, SEN, 15 pupils, punctuation/structure.

Any help or pointers much appreciated!

:)

3. Should have siad mainstream SEN... :)

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

What ages Which levels?

5. Can tell I was in a rush.... :( Year 7, level 3-5(just)

6. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Right levels 3-5 Yr 7s, so not entirely unable!
    I would start by giving some information about myself & getting them to punctuate it. Then asking them for sentences of personal info about themselves, which they have to VCOP.

7. Might be a bit late for you by now, but I would also think about a fun starter in which they could build something that will not stand unless it has all its parts, eg. a small house of cards. This will get them in the mood and will demonstrate how important each element of a sentence is.