1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!!!!!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Bethannie, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Right, you're on board Beth.

2. OK. Sounds like we're off.
    I have a food hygiene certificate for the days Perdita is off.
    Bethannie seems to have found her niche - do we pay you in Lakeland vouchers?
    So, Cosmos, just have to find the perfect site and job's a good'un, as they say round here, sometimes.

3. What shall we call it?

4. Erm....Oh no, a setback!

5. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

Just told Mr RV this, and he said, "Fair enough". (I may be Cinnamonsquare's twin....)
    Please give me details about the kitchen shop in Oswestry. Is it better than Mottram's of Tunbridge Wells?

6. Mr C said we should call it the Old Biddies' Bookshop. He is now lying lifeless on the floor.

7. Good! Could we take him on as a door stop?
    Terribly Exciting Shoppe- or woulwe get sued for the logo?
    But as it seems to be multisensory what about just ordering people around:
    Taste, Listen, Read, Inhale the Goodness
    See Hear Smell Touch Taste - would probably make more sense!

8. he's far too <strike>fat</strike> big to be a door stop. He's prevent people getting in ( but could also prevent them leaving.....)
    Actually, the Old Biddies' Bookshop has a ring to it......
    The Sensory Bookshop? Nah, too new agey.
    Gosh, this is tricky.

9. Charming!
    No name suggestions, but I was thinking about a lemon drizzle cake, a sachertorte, scones with homemade raspberry jam and clotted cream.
    Any requests?

10. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

In addition to cupcakes freshly baked to order, I can offer German traybakes...Apfelstreuselkuchen (apple crumble cake....I also do it with plums) ...Bienenstich ( yeasty base...a syrupy/honeyish topping... with crumble)...
    And I can do bobbin lace so I could do lace for edging the table cloths!....and I could embroider napkins - could we have an area for crafts?...maybe have workshops....sell some of our work too?

11. yum

12. rosievoice

Can I join? I do wee lemon buns and mini-muffins, and my cheesey scones are fab. My sausage rolls could convert a vegetarian and I am an old biddy, so I qualify. I am an arty type, and can donate about 1000 books. Sounds like bliss!

13. It's becoming an emporium!
    I can make jams, jellies, chutnies to add to the food section.
    I'm head arranger of books in alphabetical order by the way!

14. fudgeface

fudgeface Occasional commenter

Can I join? Really want to open ashop that sells craft things and knitting things and serves cake and wine. I can bake too as well as play piano and I love books and I can knit and do paper crafts

15. camis

camis New commenter

Ooh, I think I've found my new home - kitchen gadgets, stationery, books, sounds like paradise to me!

I have loads of books to donate to the used bookshop, and can make a mean lemon meringue pie

16. kittylion

kittylion Established commenter

Well he could be a draught excluder then!

I can't claim any expertise in baking or cooking but bags I being the number one customer and coffee/cake consumer.

17. Ooooo I want to join as well! I can make a very good lemon and raspberry cheesecake,I love books and I also make and sell jewellery!

18. rosievoice

Forgot to mention that my greengage jam could make angels weep!

19. Right, Beth, you need a Brownie Maker - seriously better than the cupcake maker - I just cheat and use the Tesco brownie mix, add water and I'm done - six perfectly sized brownies, crunchie on the outside and warm gooeyness on the inside... great straight out of the machine or brilliant a few hours later with some extra thick double cream...
    Bookshop... I met one of my best mates in Oz when she was working in her bookshop... it was new and second hand, so you could buy a book, read it, bring it back and get a quarter off your next new book (she sold the second hand ones- mostly read just once for half the price of the new ones, so sometimes you'd get a new release only days old at half RRP. Most of my books in my library came from The River Read. She had a coffee shop with an outdoor eating area where you could sit in the shade/sun and watch the world and the Noosa River float by. Unfortunately there is no money in bookshops (sorry to burst that bubble) so she had to sell it to survive, but she will go back and my current library (all 1500 or so books, is promised as her second hand start up stock. I just have to move them back to Oz... )

20. I love this post!! Since I have been out of work I have started to make lovely chocolate chip cup cakes and cookies. I also won second place with my honey biscuits at a honey show.. I keep Bees thus the honey show. I never know how many is enough cup cakes. I make twelve at a time but honestly should make about four times as manyh as they never last.