1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!!!!!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Bethannie, Apr 15, 2012.

1. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

The original Steamer Trading shop is in Alfriston, I have to drive past it quite frequently, luckily there's never usually anywhere to park, however Lakeland, curses on the catalogues, both on line and paper, it's 100yds from the bus stop in Eastbourne and there's a Steamer Trading shop opposite, all that and just round the corner from C&H Fabrics where the remnants grab you and pull you in...................................

2. Oh Bethannie!
    You are incorrigible [​IMG]

3. cinnamonsquare

cinnamonsquare Occasional commenter

I am not allowed to go into Lakeland unsupervised. Or Hobbycraft. Or Staples for that matter. [​IMG]

4. Oh Beth, you make me howl with laughter. I am completely immune to Lakeland - take me to the kitchen department at Ikea though and that is a different story.....it's only lust- I never buy anything because a) I'm broke and b) I really have nowhere to put anything.
    AE,I share your passion for stationery shops. My fingers twitch, I have uncontrollable urges to buy coloured post it notes and pens and paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaper....ooooh, paper. Thick cream paper and nifty little boxes to store paperclips in......
    Beth, I'll come to your support group - I can see you're in dire need and you said something about cupcakes?

5. Oh! Me too!
    And bookshops of any description, especially those with a coffee shop!

6. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

Bookshops?.....Bookshops?.....I love bookshops!
    Especially second-hand bookshops......I find them so calming! My family know that if I get stressed when outside, they look for a second-hand book shop! Almost as soon as I go in I calm down! I think it is partly the smell....seriously! And then I love the feel of books. (Which is why I will never give up real books even though I love my Kindlle).

So maybe the Lakeland Support group could do a few trips out to visit Book Shops?.....or Craft Stores....

7. Second hand bookshops. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. The ones with books piled up on the floor as well as on the shelves. And you have to sit on the floor to be able to wade through them all. Scarlatti on the music system and, with luck, a cat asleep in the window.
    I want to work in one like that.......I want to own one like that!

8. Noooooooooooooooooo. I haven't been into our local second hand book/coffee shop for months.
    But now I can smell it, musty coffee bean loveliness... stacks of must have books I have never heard of before! I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed to go!
    I may retire into one! One with a craft room at the back!
    Oh dear!

9. gruoch

gruoch Occasional commenter

You'd hate this place: http://www.yarboroughhouse.com/

10. Beast. [​IMG]

11. I went to one just like that in Holmfirth at the beginning of the holiday - heaven.
    There used to be a lovely one, with coffee shop attached, in Robin Hood's Bay. Not sure if it's still there.
    As for cook shops - avoid Maturi's in Leeds at all costs.

12. And a record room too! I have some stock already!

I may need a partner for this venture.... [​IMG]

13. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

I am now requesting Lakeland to send me a catalogue...

14. Me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me Pobble....

15. Oh don't. It sounds so doable! I am soooooooooo tempted!

16. I swear I have enough books in the house to stock a shop....and I have a cat..... and the right sort of music!

17. Between us I'd guess we would have at least a years worth of stock!
    Who gets to be the barrista?

18. Oooooh can I? I'm a food teacher, so I could make cake[​IMG]

19. Oh I think we should take it in turns......that, and playing with the till.

20. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

Me!....and give me a few days and I can have a dinky cupcake maker too!...fresh cupcakes in 10 minutes...place your cake order and browse for books!
    I <u>told</u> you I <u>needed</u> a cupcake maker!