1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Heatwave to start on saturday?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by jacob, May 16, 2011.

1. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

2. marshypops

marshypops New commenter

I take no notice these days...

3. It is like...13 to 14 degrees.
    Is that supposed to be a heatwave?
    A heatwave is over 30 degrees - which we have for weeks on end in Germany in the Summer.

4. marshypops

marshypops New commenter

14* is considered tropical for some parts of the north of England ;)

5. I long to have some warm weather back. Am sitting here with freezing cold legs despite wearing support socks, leggings and a blanket round my legs like an old dear.

6. ShowerGel

ShowerGel Established commenter

I'm wearing shorts and thick socks. It's ridiculous for this time of year.

7. ShowerGel

I'm wearing shorts and thick socks. It's ridiculous for this time of year.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

It's been perishing here for days so I'm not expecting to be in the slightest bit warm at the weekend. We've also had totally unpredictably heavy showers for days. I got soaked again today!

9. I am wearing thin trousers and a t-shirt!

10. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

There is always some amateur forecaster predicting anything you care to believe. One of them will be right and enjoy minor celebrity status after the event, they will then fail miserably to repeat the feat.
    I'm still praying for rain, nothing of any substance here since Feb still.

11. I have been wearing summer dresses and sandals for what seems an age!
    Can't believe that you're all so cold!!! 23 degrees all week!
    Quite nice :)

12. I've just put the heating on to take the chill off the house.
    I'd love a heat wave!

13. Wow.

14. Wow.
    Well my gas bill will be significantly lower than yours and we've had the weather to boot.

15. We had only one day of the wet stuff in April.
    My checking the long term sites suggests the north is going to be wetter than usual - for he summer and the south slightly drier.
    I think we will end up with hose pipe bans down here.

16. I feel the cold at times and have been chilly all day. I only put it on as a last resort because I was too cold to do the washing up! Having a north facing house doesn't help either. I'm about to go and turn it off and snuggle up in bed.
    Roll on the warm weather, if and when it comes!

17. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

It's been baltic here (in Scotland) and I can't believe that we've had the heating on most evenings for weeks now.

18. I refuse to put the heating on - it's May dammit - but I have lit the fire once or twice and put the electric blanket on for a wee while.....

19. ShowerGel

It must be awful living in Scotland and very expensive. I also often have trouble understanding the language. The last time I went someone was telling me something and I couldn't understand a word so I just went 'hmmmm, yes, I see' every now and again as well as looking interested.

20. paulie86

paulie86 New commenter

Ooooh please prey for warm, weather for me for the weekend, its our Year 6 residential.